The 9th European Music Analysis Conference (EuroMAC 9) will be held in Strasbourg from 28 June to 1 July 2017.
It is organised by the University of Strasbourg’s GRÉAM Research Centre and the French Society for Music Analysis (SFAM) with the support of the European societies for music analysis. The call for papers is now available from the conference website and we are particularly keen to receive proposals in keeping with the themes of the conference.
The first European Music Analysis Conference was held in 1989 in the city of Colmar (France); other previous meetings were held in Trento (1992), Montpellier (1995), Rotterdam (1999), Bristol (2002), Freiburg im Breisgau (2007), Rome (2011) and Leuven (2014).
EuroMAC 9 is calling for submissions in the following formats:
• Pre-organised sessions,
• Spoken papers,
• Poster presentations.
Proposals should be submitted in one of the four designated conference languages, i.e. English, French, German or Italian. They should not exceed 400 words (see the presentation instructions given on the website for each type of proposal).
EuroMAC 9 wishes to encourage proposals for original and innovative contributions on music analysis from a wide range of perspectives. However, special attention will be given to proposals that address the conference’s suggested themes.
Submission deadline (papers, posters, pre-organsied sessions): 15 November 2016
• Gesellschaft für Musiktheorie (GMTH) http://www.gmth.de
• Gruppo Analisi et Teoria musicale (GATM) http://www.gatm.it
• Polskie Towarzystwo Analizy Muzycznej (PTAM) http://www.ptam.org.pl/
• Société belge d’analyse musicale (SBAM) http://www.sbam.be
• Société française d’analyse musicale (SFAM) http://www.sfam.org
• Society for Music Analysis (SMA) https://www.sma.ac.uk
• Society for Theory of Music/Obščestvo teorii muzyki (OTM) http://otmroo.ru
• Vereniging voor Muziektheorie (VvM) http://verenigingvoormuziektheorie.net/
Please visit http://euromac2017.unistra.fr/en/ for further information