The Gesellschaft für Musiktheorie (GMTH) is hosting its 13th Annual Meeting at the Hochschule für Musik und Theater Rostock, between the 4th and 6th October, 2013. The conference, organized by Dr. Jan Philipp Sprick and Prof. Peter Manfred Wolf, will concentrate on ‘Music Theory and Aesthetics‘ and possible topic areas include:
• Subject area of aesthetics: reflection on art of theory of sensory perception?
• History of aesthetics, musical aesthetics and music theory: differences and
• Aesthetics and value judgment: normative aesthetics and music-theoretical
• Aesthetic experience and music analysis
• Music theory as (contemporary) theory of art
There are four different proposal formats, depending on whether you want to present a paper, workshop, themed session or book presentation. For the full details, including links to the submission website, click here.
For further queries, email Dr Jan Philipp Sprick: email@example.com.
The deadline for submission of proposals is 19th May 2013