The Society for Music Analysis seeks to appoint to the post of Administrator. The role description below outlines the main responsibilities of the administrator to the Society for Music Analysis. The Administrator is also required to take some additional responsibilities for the Society’s flagship journal Music Analysis published by Wiley (see below). Please see our website https://www.sma.ac.uk for information about the society. Applications or expressions of interest should be sent to Dr Kenneth Smith (email@example.com). Applicants should send a CV and covering letter. The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 7th February 2020.
Role Description: Administrator
The Administrator will have overall responsibility for the Society’s daily administration. The Administrator’s duties will include, but may not be limited to:
- Maintaining the Society’s annual calendar of events.
- Working closely with event organisers (plenary conference; TAGS; workshops) to ensure that all preparatory work is completed, including booking of accommodation for visiting speakers.
- Organising the Annual General Meeting and the bi-annual trustees’ meetings, including room bookings, booking for accommodation, assembling all necessary documentation, and preparing the agendas. Minuting these meetings.
- Monitoring the Society’s email traffic on a weekly basis, including WebCollect.
- Coordinating the Development Fund committee.
- Working closely with the Treasurer in the preparation of the Charity Commission report.
- Managing the Society’s interface with external institutions (other learned societies; Office for Students; etc.).
- Managing society elections (trustee and student representatives)
- Overseeing applications to the bursaries and outreach budget.
- Managing membership applications and continuing monthly membership review, in conjunction with the Treasurer and Membership Secretary.
- Preparing Wiley journal orders and dealing with back orders.
- Organizing meeting of, and completing minutes for, meetings of the Music Analysis editorial board.
- Updating the SMA handbook.
- Liaising with the Web Officer to keep the SMA website up to date
The post’s honorarium is £6,400 paid in quarterly instalments, equivalent to £32,000 per annum at 0.2 FTE. The position can be terminated subject to three months’ notice on either side. The Administrator will report to the President of the SMA and/or his/her designee, and to an additional appointed trustee, and will in addition work closely with the Treasurer.