CFP: 13th International Music Analysis and Theory Conference
The 13th International Music Analysis and Theory Conference, organized by the Italian research association Gruppo di Analisi e Teoria Musicale (GATM), in collaboration with the Istituto Superiore di Studi Musicali G. Lettimi, the Sagra Musicale Malatestiana, and the Municipality of Rimini, will be held in Rimini from Thursday, 29 September, to Sunday, 2 October 2016.
The Conference Committee hereby invites those interested to submit proposals related to music theory and analysis of repertoires, practices and musical experiences of any genre, period or geographic area.
Proposals should be related to one of the following categories:
• individual or co-authored papers;
• panel sessions (containing a number of papers ranging from three to six).
Proposals for individual (or co-authored) papers must include an abstract of no more than 500 words. Proposals for panels sessions, submitted by a convenor, must include a session summary of no more than 500 words, as well as a separate abstract of no more than 350 words for each paper. Proposals must be written in Italian or English. Clearly expressing research goals, applied methodology, and interest as regards the current state of knowledge, is highly recommended. Each proposal must also include:
• full name, institutional affiliation (if any), email address and a short curriculum vitae/biographical essay (max 200 words) of the author(s); this information is also required for each participant in a panel session;
• selected bibliography;
• supplementary materials, if any, such as musical examples, figures, and diagrams (maximum two pages);
• list of required equipment.
The official languages of the conference are Italian and English. Each paper will be given a time slot of 30 minutes, followed by 10 minutes of discussion. Session chairs will be appointed by the Conference Committee.
Deadline for proposal submission and notification of the outcome
All proposals must be sent by email as an attachment (in PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Submissions will be open until June 30, 2016. Proposals sent after this deadline, or not in line with the submission guidelines above, will not be taken into consideration.
Those having sent a proposal will be informed of the outcome of their submission(s) via email by July 15, 2016.
Participation, final program, and publication of abstracts
As a general rule, an individual may participate in no more than one session and in no more than one panel session. The conference program will be sent to all participants by July 25, 2016, and will be available on the GATM and Analitica online websites.
All the accepted abstracts will be published on the Analitica online website. The Conference Committee reserves the right to ask those submitting proposals to make changes to their abstract. After the conference, the Rivista di Analisi e Teoria Musicale and Analitica online will be notified by the Conference Committee as to the most interesting papers.
Conference Scientific Committee
Mario Baroni, Alessandro Bratus, Domenico Colaci, Rossana Dalmonte, Catello Gallotti, Ignazio Macchiarella, Alessandro Maffei, Enrico Meyer, Susanna Pasticci, Egidio Pozzi.
Participation in the conference requires a subscription to the semi-annual journal Rivista di Analisi e Peoria Musicale. The subscription fee amounts to € 30 (students: € 25).
• bank transfer addressed to LIM EDITRICE srl, IBAN code: IT 80 K 01030 13701000000682017
• payment on postal payment slip n. 11748555, addressed to LIM EDITRICE srl
• credit card, communicating details to the following number +39 0583 394464
Digital format (or print format):
• bank transfer addressed to GRUPPO ANALISI E TEORIA MUSICALE, IBAN code: IT 43 O 07601 02400 000023163405
• credit card payment with PayPal
Go to subscription page:
For any further inquiries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.