Posted on 18th December 2015 by David Bretherton in SMA
No comments »
No other candidates having come forward, I am pleased to announce that Julian Horton has been re-elected as President, and that Shay Loya has been re-elected as Information Officer.
The second of our two Student Representative positions remains unfilled, and we will hold a special election for this position in 2016. If you are interested in standing for this position, please feel free to contact SMA Vice-President Kenneth Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) for an informal discussion.
On behalf of the Society, please can I thank our retiring Student Representative Martin Curda for all his hard work over the past two years; we wish him well for the future.
Posted on 7th December 2015 by Shay Loya in CFPs, Music Analysis, SMA
No comments »
HISTORY, ANALYSIS, PEDAGOGY – MUSIC ANALYSIS CONFERENCE
University of Nottingham, 13-15 July 2016
We welcome proposals for papers on any aspect of theory, analysis and criticism relating to music and musical practices of any genre, style or period. The underlying theme of the conference marks intersections between analysis, historical research, and music pedagogy.
Professor Ludwig Holtmeier (Hochschule für Musik Freiburg)
Professor Giorgio Sanguinetti (University of Rome, Tor Vergata)
Professor Katelijne Schiltz (Universität Regensburg)
Proposals in the following categories will be considered:
- Papers (20 minutes maximum, with 10 minutes for discussion)
- Paper sessions (three or four papers, each of 20 minutes maximum, with 10 minutes per paper for discussion)
- Roundtable discussions (up to 6 participants, each giving a short position paper, followed by a general discussion, total running time of 90 or 120 minutes)
- Recitals, lecture-recitals and lectures illustrated by sound diffusions or audio-visual screenings (maximum duration 90 minutes)
Abstracts and proposals should be prepared as follows:
- For individual papers: up to 250 words
- For paper sessions: 250-word (maximum) summary and up to 200 words for each session participant
- For roundtable discussions: 250-word (maximum) and up to 150 words for each panel participant
- For recitals, lecture-recitals and lectures illustrated by sound diffusions or audio-visual screenings: 250 word (maximum) summary, plus participant CVs and recordings / scores / other details of works to be included in the event (contact organiser to discuss)
DEADLINE FOR PROPOSAL SUBMISSION: 18 FEBRUARY 2016
All proposals must be sent by email as a MS Word or pdf attachment to email@example.com.
Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their proposal(s) by 21 March 2016
Nicholas Baragwanath (Nottingham), Rosa Cafiero (Milan), Annika Forkert (Bristol), Julian Horton (Durham), Maxim Serebrennikov (St Petersburg), Kenneth Smith (Liverpool), Peter van Tour (Uppsala).